Most people don't know how to have no more clutter in their homes. What most people are not aware of is the fact that the only trick in getting the house maintained and cleaned is to take it one step at a time. The following is a list of eight simple yet efficient means for you to gain no more clutter in your home.
1. Go through your things and classify them into the following groups:
• Essentials - these are the things that you do not want to lose track of. Things like your current school work, textbooks, gear for a favorite sport, or any other item that you should have almost every day.
Favorites - These are things that are dear to you and you enjoy having like photos from friends and memorabilia. Those things that are valuable or fragile and breakable such as jewelry, art pieces, musical instruments and others also belong to this certain category.
Not yours - these are stuffs that obviously you don't own. These things can be anything borrowed from a friend or anything that was only placed inside your room by a sibling or any other family member. This may also include the books that you got from the library which most of them are overdue and all have to be returned.
• Junk - this category is for your old, old mails and old magazines that pile up in the corner accumulating dust and eating up space.
Garbage - dirty plates, leftovers, and the likes of it are commonly found in this category.
2. Get rid of the dirty and the gross. Throw them away, soak it in the sink or disinfect it.
3. Sift through your junk with a sense of direction and focus. If you do not need it, do not keep it. Clip or simply group together articles from old magazines and also recycle the magazines (there will be no more clutter if you recycle the old magazines as soon as new ones come in). Pile the things in file cabinets, boxes, and closets.
4. Put other people's stuff in a box and label all of them based on the owner. Now is the appropriate time for returning them.
5. Plan where your favorite things should go. Loose pictures should be kept neatly in an album. If you don't have any jewelry box, you can buy one for yourself. If you wish to display some of these items, make sure you clear out a separate shelf for them. You might like to consider placing your favorite things in areas where your younger siblings or house pets can't reach so they may not ruin them.
To keep away from clutter is not that difficult to do. For as long as you have a clear idea of the things you like and you don't, you would likely have no more clutter at home soon.